Fighting To Keep You In Your Home
At John R.K. Solt, P.C, I help people who are facing the threat of home foreclosure, acting aggressively and intelligently in an effort to help them keep the houses they worked hard to purchase. I have 40 years of experience helping people obtain debt relief, and in recent years foreclosure defense has become an integral part of these efforts. If you are in Allentown, Bethlehem or elsewhere in the Lehigh Valley and need to fight foreclosure, please call attorney John R.K. Solt.
Foreclosure Solutions In Pennsylvania
I take the time to evaluate each client’s situation on its own merit. No two situations are exactly alike. Once we have a thorough understanding of your circumstances, we can then talk about the various options that may be available to protect your home, which might include:
- Mortgage modification: Your bank may be willing to negotiate changes to the terms of your loan. Possibilities include a reduction of the interest rate, extending the term of the loan in order to reduce payments or rolling the missed payments into the principal so that your loan becomes current without the need to make back payments.
- Defense based on lack of note: Mortgages are frequently sold from bank to bank, and paperwork is lost along the way. Your bank must be able to prove that it holds your loan and has the right to foreclose.
- Defense based on lender fraud: Fraudulent practices in the lending industry are pervasive. If your lender engaged in fraud, it can be liable to you for financial damages.
- Violation of Truth in Lending laws: A bank’s violations of the Truth In Lending Act (TILA) can be used to defend a consumer against a foreclosure action.
- Bankruptcy: If you are struggling with more than your mortgage, Chapter 7 or Chapter 13 bankruptcy can help you stop foreclosure and take other steps to get back on track.
- Short sale: If other options are exhausted, a short sale may be the best choice. In this type of transaction, you sell your home for less than the balance of your mortgage but the lender agrees to accept the proceeds as payment in full. You are relieved of your mortgage payment and your lender may cancel the unpaid balance of your mortgage.
- Deed in lieu of foreclosure: Lenders sometimes agree to simply take back the deed to the property rather than foreclose. I can help negotiate such a transaction if necessary.
Contact An Attorney To Stop Mortgage Foreclosure
If you are being threatened with home foreclosure in the Lehigh Valley, I can answer your questions and help you determine the best way to improve your situation. To schedule an appointment, please call 610-601-5381 . You can also contact me securely and confidentially by filling out this online contact form.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.