Stop Creditor Harassment, Get Powerful Debt Relief
If you have excessive consumer or business debt, you may be under stress from dealing with aggressive collectors and from managing the personal and family pressures that come with financial difficulties. Bankruptcy stops creditor harassment and provides excellent relief for those who qualify.
At the law office of John R.K. Solt, P.C., I have been practicing law since 1976. My Allentown bankruptcy practice has handled a wide variety of individual and small-business bankruptcies for Pennsylvania clients from many backgrounds. I help clients obtain relief from unsecured debt (like credit cards, personal loans and medical bills) and secured debt (like car loans and mortgages) through:
- Chapter 7 bankruptcy, sometimes known as liquidation, which provides a fresh financial start and frees filers from the harassment of creditors
- Chapter 13 bankruptcy, which can be used to keep important assets while paying off debts over time and in some cases discharging unsecured debts
- Chapter 11 bankruptcy, which enables businesses to reorganize themselves and continue operating while making payments on their debt. Certain individuals can also file Chapter 11 for personal bankruptcy.
- Bankruptcy alternatives such as forbearance agreements, payment arrangements and debt settlement options, which provide debt relief without having to go to court
- Foreclosure prevention through mortgage modification, short sale, deed in lieu of foreclosure, foreclosure defense and other means
- Workout agreements with creditors that help businesses avoid the need for commercial bankruptcy
Is Bankruptcy Right For Me? | Options And Alternatives
Bankruptcy is not appropriate for everyone, so I will not assume that bankruptcy is in your best interest. Rather, I will carefully review your case and help you understand the best options available to you based on your circumstances. We can then explore issues such as:
- The pros and cons of different chapters
- What debts bankruptcy can eliminate and which it cannot
- The impact of bankruptcy on credit ratings
- The relationship between student loans and bankruptcy
- The relationship between individual income tax debt and bankruptcy
- The connection between bankruptcy and divorce
- Asset sales and valuation disputes
- Stay relief
- Objections to discharge
- Lien avoidance
As your lawyer, I will communicate with you and remain available to answer your questions as they arise. I regularly teach and lead seminars on important financial topics, including recent seminars on bankruptcy, the interrelationship between divorce and bankruptcy, and mortgage foreclosure conciliation.
Don’t Face Financial Difficulties Alone
If you are considering your debt relief options, which may include personal bankruptcy, the law office of John R.K. Solt, P.C., can answer your questions and help you determine the best way to improve your situation. To schedule an appointment, please call 610-601-5381 or send us an email.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the Bankruptcy Code.